We are aware that we have limited parking spaces available in our parking lot and realize that many parents drive their children to and from school. Yale has approximately twenty-five parking spaces available. In an effort to keep everyone safe, please remember the following guidelines when picking up and dropping off students:
- Please be patient and respectful of Yale staff and other parents.
- Handicapped spaces are reserved for vehicles that have proper handicapped signage. Please do not park in these spaces unless you have a visible handicapped placard/license plate.
- Get to know parents/guardians of other children and coordinate a car pool.
- Please do not park in drop off/pick up lanes and leave your car unattended. This lane is intended for parents/guardians to quickly drop off/pick up their children. At no time should you leave children unattended in your vehicle.
- Do not use the bus lane at any time of the day. It is for school buses only.
- It is unsafe and illegal to double park, (i.e. behind other cars) in the parking lot.
- As you pull into the drop off/pick up lane in front of the mobile, pull ahead so others can pull in behind you.
- Only commercial day care vans with proper signage are allowed to park in the day care loading zone.
Vehicles may receive a "courtesy warning" if they are illegally parked. Illegally parked vehicles may also be ticketed or towed by the Aurora Police Department. Fines for illegal parking may be up to $50.00. If a car is towed, the owner is responsible for any associated expenses.
Thank you for your cooperation in making our parking lot safe for our students, community members, and staff!